1883/84 Laurel House, St Peter's Road (Junction of Gladstone Road) show a Captain Rutt in residence. [Laural House is now occupied by the dentist]
1885/86 Roman Catholic Chapel now listed at Laurel House, St Peter's Road.
Sundays & Holy Day Mass 8 am
1888 Catholic Chapel (corrugated iron church) built by Dominicans (? probably the Benedictines).
1893/94 Catholic Chapel (corrugated iron church), St Peter's Park Road, [on part of site which is now occupied by Willow Court].
Sunday Mass at 9 am, Holy Days at 8.30 am
1903-04 Now listed as Our Lady Star of the Sea, still a corrugated iron church. Adjacent area is now being developed with a Monumental Mason and Coal Yard now neighbours of the church.
1904/05 St Joseph's Convent School gets a first mention, but is situated on the same side of St Peter's Park Road as the church – next door but one to the church towards Bairds Hill.
1907/08 St Joseph's is now listed at its current site.
1909 Tin church enlarged.
1929 Ordinance Survey show Our Lady Star of the Sea has moved to Broadstairs Road (Although this may be simply a planning inclusion as the designs for the church by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott are listed as being prepared in 1929 and the first part of the church completed in 1931).
1932 13 St Peter's Park Road is listed as the Presbytery with Rev. Martin de Vidts OSB living there. (This position is almost opposite the original tin church)
1932 Our Lady Star of the Sea is now listed in Kelly's Directory for the first time as being in Broadstairs Road – and it is the only property listed in that road (presumably a new road). A map included in that year's edition of the directory still has RC Church positioned in St Peter's Park Road.